Subject: bug#56384: 29.0.50; backward-word doesn't move far enough in message-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 18:44:40 +0200

<[email-masked]> writes:

> I noticed this bug because it breaks expanding abbrevs at the beginning
> of the line.  E.g. you've just pressed 'R' to reply with quoting the
> original message in Gnus, and point is at the beginning of the first
> quoted line.  Then if you type a word that is the key for an abbrev, and
> then whitespace, it won't expand.  I wonder if that can be fixed without
> losing the benefits of João's change.

I'm not quite sure the change makes all that much sense.  If you have
this:

---
foo

> bar

zot
---

with point after foo, `M-C-f' takes you to the end of zot, which is
surprising.

I guess the idea is that you'd never want to edit quoted text?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no