Subject: Re: bug#56383: Neither Gnome nor udisksctl can mount an nfs filesystem

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 10:54:26 -0400

Hi,

Alexandre Hannud Abdo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le 04/07/2022 à 19:22, Liliana Marie Prikler a écrit :
>> Note that NTFS != NFS. But to solve your problem, simply add ntfs-3g
>> to your operating-system's packages field. 
>
> Ni! Hello
>
> "nfs" was a typo, sorry for that.
>
> True, I can add ntfs-3g, but given that I was able to mount the drive
> without it, it would be nice if that worked, and it may point to
> something not behaving well with udisk.

The issue is known upstream as
https://github.com/storaged-project/udisks/issues/932.  For the time
being, the author/maintainer reccomends to "stick to the ntfs-3g for
now, it is a proved and stable solution." [0]

[0]  https://github.com/storaged-project/udisks/issues/932#issuecomment-993861322

Closing, as this is an upstream issue already tracked.

Thanks,

Maxim