Subject: bug#56376: emacs-guix missing from package-activated-list

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 23:12:36 -0400

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, dem 03.07.2022 um 21:33 -0400 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> I've been looking into managing my Emacs packages with Guix. I found
>> that the `emacs-guix` package doesn't seem to show up in the
>> `package-activated-list`, even though its dependencies do, which
>> seems like a bug.
> This might be related to the fact that Emacs doesn't see guix as a
> package.  I think the recipe might be missing the -pkg.el
> autogeneration we added to emacs-build-system.

We could workaround the problem using the ensure-package-description of
the emacs-build-system phase, but since the emacs-guix package uses the
gnu-build-system, we'd also need to manually install the -pkg.el file
generated by the phase.

Since we maintain the package in Savannah, it seems it'd be more elegant
to have an emacs-guix-pkg.el file templated by the GNU build system and
installed by it.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim