Subject: [bug#56356] [WIP PATCH] gnu: dedukti: Update to 1.7.

From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:55:18 +0200

Hi Julien and Guix,

On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 01:42:01PM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Attached is a patch to update dedukti to the latest version, 1.7. The
> patch works and dedukti seems to be working, though I don't really know
> how to use it, so maybe not :)

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks a lot for the update, the patch
seems perfect.

> The issue is with its dependent emacs-dedukti-mode. It embeds a
> reference to the "dkcheck" tool that does not exist in this version of
> the package. Instead, you're supposed to call "dk check" (the --help
> still mentions dkcheck, so maybe I did something wrong in packaging?)
> 
> I noticed that emacs-dedukti-mode is 5 years old and unmaintained
> upstream, while there is a dedukti-mode provided in the git repository
> of dedukti that is only 2 years old. I don't use emacs and I don't know
> how to solve this issue, so I'm not updating the package yet.
> 
> I'd appreciate some help, either to find a better substitution pattern
> in the current emacs-dedukti-mode package, or to package the one
> provided by dedukti, or maybe to figure out another direction I didn't
> see :)

Indeed, the emacs-dedukti-mode is deprecated, it would be better to just
remove it from guix recipes.

Cheers,
Gabriel