Subject: bug#56346: closed (Re: bug#56346: [BUG] emacs-parsebib and emacs-ebib out of sync)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 08:12:01 +0000

Your bug report

#56346: [BUG] emacs-parsebib and emacs-ebib out of sync

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56346: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56346
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56346: [BUG] emacs-parsebib and emacs-ebib out of sync
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 10:11:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]> writes:

> The emacs-ebib package has been updated recently to depend upon new
> functionality in the emacs-parsebib package, however there has not been
> a release to allow emacs-parsebib to be updated, causing things to break
> on a purely-guix install of these packages.
>
> There has not been an upstream release tag created for emacs-parsebib
> since 2021-12-08 (which was version 3.1.0). However, 11 days ago, the
> actual library's version info was bumped to 4.1.0. This indicates that
> there was a breaking change (which there apparently was).
>
> I have commented on the commit bumping the internal version number[1]
> and I opened an issue to the same effect[2]. I am also in the process of
> recompiling the packages in my declaration that rely on emac-parsebib to
> rely on the commit mentioned above.
>
> So long as that works, I'll send a patch updating the Guix version of
> this package to this more-recent 'release' of emacs-ebib.

Thank you for the report.

I updated emacs-parsebib to 4.1. Closing.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

Subject: [BUG] emacs-parsebib and emacs-ebib out of sync
From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:40:10 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The emacs-ebib package has been updated recently to depend upon new
functionality in the emacs-parsebib package, however there has not been
a release to allow emacs-parsebib to be updated, causing things to break
on a purely-guix install of these packages.

There has not been an upstream release tag created for emacs-parsebib
since 2021-12-08 (which was version 3.1.0). However, 11 days ago, the
actual library's version info was bumped to 4.1.0. This indicates that
there was a breaking change (which there apparently was).

I have commented on the commit bumping the internal version number[1]
and I opened an issue to the same effect[2]. I am also in the process of
recompiling the packages in my declaration that rely on emac-parsebib to
rely on the commit mentioned above.

So long as that works, I'll send a patch updating the Guix version of
this package to this more-recent 'release' of emacs-ebib.

[1]: https://github.com/joostkremers/parsebib/commit/185239020f878cfbe1036270e6c3d1026ba8f255
[2]: https://github.com/joostkremers/parsebib/issues/24

--

Christopher Rodriguez