Subject: [BUG] emacs-parsebib and emacs-ebib out of sync

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:40:10 -0400

Hello,

The emacs-ebib package has been updated recently to depend upon new
functionality in the emacs-parsebib package, however there has not been
a release to allow emacs-parsebib to be updated, causing things to break
on a purely-guix install of these packages.

There has not been an upstream release tag created for emacs-parsebib
since 2021-12-08 (which was version 3.1.0). However, 11 days ago, the
actual library's version info was bumped to 4.1.0. This indicates that
there was a breaking change (which there apparently was).

I have commented on the commit bumping the internal version number[1]
and I opened an issue to the same effect[2]. I am also in the process of
recompiling the packages in my declaration that rely on emac-parsebib to
rely on the commit mentioned above.

So long as that works, I'll send a patch updating the Guix version of
this package to this more-recent 'release' of emacs-ebib.

[1]: https://github.com/joostkremers/parsebib/commit/185239020f878cfbe1036270e6c3d1026ba8f255
[2]: https://github.com/joostkremers/parsebib/issues/24

--

Christopher Rodriguez