Subject: bug#56335: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add more breakpoint chars support to longlines-mode

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 22:47:59 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

Hi Juri,

> After longlines.el was unobsoleted, I checked that its search/replace 
> functions have correct implementation: longlines-search-function,
> longlines-search-forward, longlines-re-search-forward, all looks
> correct.

Good.

> Or do you mean that you tried to implement a new feature where
> whitespace contains non-whitespace characters?  Have you tried
> to change the value of search-spaces-regexp to include such
> characters?

Since now longlines could break on other characters then just space (see
`longlines-breakpoint-chars'), it may be a new feature... but I'm not
sure it would be useful.  I've tried to modify search-spaces-regexp
(with the content of longlines-breakpoint-chars) and it works as
advertised.
-- 
Manuel Giraud