Subject: bug#56334: Should asdf-build-system/sbcl use load-system instead of compile-system?

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:46:51 +0200

Hi Guillaume,

I gave it a go and your suggestion indeed cuts it for cleavir and
cl-gamepad.

It did not fix it for the tests though.

I did some more testing, and this is what I found out on one of the
failing systems (cl-reexport): from a --pure sbcl repl, if I load the
.asd files manually then run test-system, I can reproduce the issue.

However, if I run

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 (asdf:initialize-source-registry
    `(:source-registry (:tree ,(uiop:getcwd))
                       :inherit-configuration))
  (asdf:test-system :cl-reexport)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

then it works!

In other words, I believe that `asdf:load-asd' is yet another under-used
ASDF function, and we should probably go with the officially recommended
way, namely adding the source folder to the ASDF registry.

Thoughts?

I'll try it out then send a patch.

Cheers!