Subject: Re: bug#56332: 29.0.50; Large gnus imap groups; articles incorrectly marked as read (old)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:36:30 +0200

Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have a large, sparse imap folder with read and unread articles.  In
> recent versions of Emacs, when I visit this group, a set of articles in
> the middle (when sorted by number) are marked as read with the
> `O' mark.

And they should be unread?

> I've attached the FETCH command used by last "good" version and the ones
> issued by a build with the offending commit.  In the "bad" version, the
> articles from 60795 until 63651 are marked as read with an `O'.

Hm.  Those are pretty much in the middle...  If nnimap fails to parse
the headers, I'd expect everything after the failure to be missing in
the Summary buffer, not be marked as read.

Do you use the Gnus cache or the Gnus Agent?

Hm...  reading `nnimap-transform-headers', it kinda seems like it might
be working (mostly) by accident in the multiple-FETCH situation.  I'll
try to reproduce this here and see what I can find out.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no