Subject: Re: bug#56332: 29.0.50; Large gnus imap groups; articles incorrectly marked as read (old)

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:54:56 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hm...  reading `nnimap-transform-headers', it kinda seems like it might
>> be working (mostly) by accident in the multiple-FETCH situation.  I'll
>> try to reproduce this here and see what I can find out.
>
> No, it seems like it should handle this fine.
>
> Can you do a `M-x debug-on-entry RET nnimap-split-incoming-mail RET' and
> then look in the " *nnimap ...*" (note leading space) buffer and see
> whether the headers for the articles are there or whether anything looks
> obviously messed-up?

I think you must have meant a different function?  Because I am not
doing any Gnus-side splitting right now (I'm using server-side sieve
splitting instead).

> I've now introduced a new nnimap--max-retrieve-headers variable that can
> be used to debug this easier -- set it to a very high number to get the
> old behaviour, and compare the contents of that buffer with a lower
> value.

I can, at least, verify that setting this variable to a higher value
does "solve" the problem, though we still don't know why the problem
happens.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])