Subject: Re: bug#56326: 29.0.50; Cannot open file: Friday-June-24-2022-07:51:07.pdf, DocView: process pdf/ps->png changed status to exited abnormally with code 1.

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:09:36 -0700

tags 56326 + unreproducible moreinfo
thanks

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

> File name is: Friday-June-24-2022-07:51:07.pdf
>
> and it is valid PDF file.
>
> Error I am getting when trying to open with such file name containing
> colons:
>
> DocView: process pdf/ps->png changed status to exited abnormally with
> code 1.
>
> If I rename file to avoid ":" then file is opened normally.

I'm unable to reproduce this here.  Are there any additional steps
required to reproduce this than just taking any valid PDF and:

    mv some-valid.pdf /tmp/Friday-June-24-2022-07:51:07.pdf
    ./src/emacs -Q /tmp/Friday-June-24-2022-07:51:07.pdf

?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-06-30 built on joffe
Repository revision: a3311dbce0008a23d8d6626ae6245d96ce3a20b2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/skangas/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/home/skangas/usr/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB