Subject: bug#56317: closed (Re: bug#56317: 28.1; image-convert not working on Windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:53:01 +0000

Your bug report

#56317: 28.1; image-convert not working on Windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56317: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56317
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56317: 28.1; image-convert not working on Windows
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:52:11 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:19:49 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Lars, WDYT about including this in Emacs 28.2?  If you think it's safe
> > enough, would you mind testing the patch on GNU/Linux?  I don't have
> > access to any systems with ImageMagick installed.
> 
> It looks safe enough for 28.2 to me.
> 
> I've now tried your patch in Emacs 28 in Debian/bookworm, and enabled
> conversion using imagemagick, and it works fine for me (testing on a
> webp image).

Thanks, installed on the emacs-28 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 28.1; image-convert not working on Windows
From: Pascal Quesseveur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:16:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

image-converter dosesn(t work with emacs 28.1 on Windows
10.  I start with:

runemacs -Q

then:

(auto-image-file-mode 1)
(setq image-use-external-converter t
      image-converter 'graphicsmagick)

GrpahicsMagick 1.3.36 Q16 win64 is installed and working fine.  I can
test an image in SunRaster format:

(image-convert-p "C:/Users/.../img.ras") -> image-convert

then I enter:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ras\\'" . image-mode))

and if I visit the sunraster file I get the following error in the
Messages buffer:

Not a PNG image: ‘(image :type png :data \211PNG
^Z
...

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-04-21 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1766)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Article

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vcard-export hides c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/bbdb-vcard-export
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/wdired hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/wdired
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/ls-lisp hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/ls-lisp
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/iimage hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/iimage
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/calculator hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/calculator
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/table hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/textmodes/table
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/remember/remember hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/textmodes/remember
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/utils/rlogin hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/rlogin
c:/Users/Public/emacs-site/lisp/dictionary-1.8.7/dictionary hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/dictionary

Features:
(shadow warnings emacsbug url-http url-gw url-auth url-queue url-cache
flow-fill smerge-mode diff diff-mode jka-compr canlock bookmark
shr-color color gnus-fun mule-util mm-archive sort smiley gnus-cite
gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp gnus-ml time-stamp gnus-topic nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml
utf-7 gnutls nnfolder cl-extra help-mode gnus-cache network-stream nsm
nntp emms-info-libtag emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-player-mplayer emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-stream-info emms-mode-line-icon emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-playing-time emms-player-simple emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
music-list music-album emms-setup emms emms-compat time
highlight-current-line color-theme smtpmail sendmail tumblesocks
tumblesocks-view tumblesocks-compose markdown-mode noutline outline
htmlize tumblesocks-user tumblesocks-api oauth sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain hex-util hmac-sha1 plantuml-mode pcase dash
thingatpt html2help footnote rx muse-odf muse-xml muse-help
muse-bbcode muse-blosxom muse-wiki muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs muse-latex muse-html muse-docbook muse-xml-common
cus-edit pp cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols info
muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode u-vm-color
org-import-icalendar icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs bbdb-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom browse-url gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader bbdb-snarf
mail-extr bbdb-com message rmc puny dired-explore dired-sort-menu
wid-edit acid dired-arc file-op dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
bbdb-vcard-export bbdb-export bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec which idb gud
easy-mmode compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring
qproj-opascal jsee javadoc-lookup ido jserial jswat qproj-java jdok
tempo url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map seq byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv url-vars mailcap xml-parse doxymacs qproj-cpp qproj
server dos-indent generic generic-x cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs lunar solar
cal-dst cal-tex cal-iso cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs epa-file epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config ps-mule ipp cl-seq cl-macs cl gv
printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr icomplete advice
image-file image-converter edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 612203 48811)
 (symbols 48 34766 4)
 (strings 32 168214 6161)
 (string-bytes 1 6000875)
 (vectors 16 53658)
 (vector-slots 8 1338327 123618)
 (floats 8 1189 350)
 (intervals 56 1366 188)
 (buffers 992 36))

-- 
Pascal Quesseveur