Subject: bug#56307: latest GNU icecat download is unavailable.

From: Chen Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 02:49:41 +0000

It's clear, many thanks. Have a good day.

Regards,

Chen Yu
email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
________________________________
From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 12:09 AM
To: Chen Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: bug#56307: latest GNU icecat download is unavailable.

Chen Yu -

gnuzilla no longer publishes installer packages - since v68,
icecat is maintained only as source code

the preferred way to install icecat is from the repos of a distro
which packages it - if you are using an arch-like distro, you
could use the icecat package from parabola - fedora users
(and other RPM-based distros probably) can use the fedora
package - for debian-based distros, there is a user-maintained
repo on the OBS - users of other distros can install the guix
package manager and use that to install icecat

of course, anyone could build it from source - that is done by
running the makeicecat script, which cleans the mozilla
sources, then running the ./mach script to compile in the usual
mozilla way - there is probably a README that explains the
procedure in detail