Subject: Re: bug#56305: 29.0.50; 'yes-or-no-p' deselects minibuffer frame

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 19:59:41 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 15:46:05 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Quick summary of the problem: On an Emacs with a minibuffer-only frame
> > (MBF) and a minibuffer-less frame (NF), with MBF selected with focus,
> > type C-x C-c.  Instead of the focus remaining in MBF, it's moved to NF.

> Hmmm... for me `C-x C-c` basically quits Emacs so the focus afterwards
> is ... "nowhere"?
> What is this `C-x C-c` supposed to do?

This particular C-x C-c puts the following prompt into the minibuffer:

    "Active processes exist; kill them and exit anyway? (Yes or no) "

..

The problem is that instead of being in MBF, the focus has moved to NF.,
obstructing the action of typing "yes" or "no".

Martin's directions for this bug are basically:

Start Emacs with $ emacs -Q -l ~/rudalics3.el

where that file contains exactly:

(setq use-dialog-box nil)
(setq default-frame-alist '((minibuffer . nil)))
(shell)

>         Stefan

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).