Subject: bug#56305: 29.0.50; 'yes-or-no-p' deselects minibuffer frame

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 19:43:51 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 22:21:59 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 19:10:07 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,
> >   [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > Quick summary of the problem: On an Emacs with a minibuffer-only frame
> > (MBF) and a minibuffer-less frame (NF), with MBF selected with focus,
> > type C-x C-c.  Instead of the focus remaining in MBF, it's moved to NF.

> I lost you right here: can you explain why what you described isn't
> TRT?

After typing C-x C-c, rather than exiting, this particular Emacs
prompts:

    "Active processes exist; kill them and exit anyway? (yes or no) "

on MBF and it opens a window *Process List* on NF.

> I mean, after you typed "C-x C-c", the minibuffer (whether it's a
> frame or a window) has completed its job, and focus should return to
> the "real" frame, which is NF.  Right?  What am I missing here?

After the C-x C-c, and the appearence of the prompt, NF has the focus,
uselessly, instead of MBF.  That means having to do a window-manager
action to get at the prompt.  This is the bug that Martin registered.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).