Subject: Re: bug#56305: 29.0.50; 'yes-or-no-p' deselects minibuffer frame

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 14:47:31 +0300

> Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:34:50 +0000
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>   [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> 
> Anyway, we'll have to decide soon what to do for Emacs 28.2.  The first
> pretest is already out there.  What we do needs to be simple and safe.
> The alternatives so far seem to be do nothing, apply the 53-line
> deletion from master (which Eli has already rejected) or apply my patch
> above (fixed to work with tty's).  At the moment, I would favour the
> last of these.

It is hard for me to make a decision about that patch, since it isn't
clear what are its disadvantages.  Martin seems to say that it doesn't
work well?

So can you tell what problem it fixes and what, if any, problems it
causes?

Or maybe we should wait for at least the master to have a complete
fix, and decide then?