Subject: [bug#56298] [PATCH 2/7] gnu: Add rust-quick-xml-0.17.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:55:16 +0200

On 29-06-2022 16:46, [email-masked] wrote:
> +     `(#:skip-build? #t
> +       #:cargo-inputs
> +       (("rust-encoding-rs" ,rust-encoding-rs-0.8)
> +        ("rust-memchr" ,rust-memchr-2)
> +        ("rust-serde" ,rust-serde-1))))))

The #:cargo-development-inputs are important for antioxidant (the new 
build system intended to eventually replace cargo-build-system), to 
actually run the tests. Try running "guix import crate [email-masked]", 
IIUC it will add the development-inputs.

(I've sent a bug report about "guix import crate ..." removing 
cargo-development-inputs in the past, but I cannot find it anymore).

Also, likely you don't actually need the old version -- going by the 
code in antioxidant, always using [email-masked] (instead of older 
versions) does not cause any problems, but since this is 
cargo-build-system, you will have to patch the Cargo.toml of the 
dependent to accept the latest version of rust-quick-xml.

Greetings,
Maxime.