Subject: Re: bug#56297: Guix style imperfections

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 23:41:40 +0200

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>> (define-public guile-next
>>>  (let ((version "3.0.7") (revision "0")
>>>        (commit "d70c1dbebf9ac0fd45af4578c23983ec4a7da535"))
>>
>> Conventionally 'revision' is put on another line -- for these kind of let bindings,
>> (maybe all?), I would recommend to put all of them on separate lines.
>
> This one is a bug IMO: ‘let’ bindings should be treated specially, and
> currently they’re not.

Commit 8d9291bd2c36810be50ea340cefa481a42c60a2b fixes this, and…

>>>       (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments guile-3.0)
>>>         ((#:phases phases
>>>           '%standard-phases) `(modify-phases ,phases
>>
>> Put %standard-phases on the same line ad #:phases phases and `(modify-phases ,phases
>> on a new lineg 

… the second part of this one.

Ludo’.