Subject: bug#56292: 29.0.50; Compilation failure since recent loaddefs speed up

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:20:14 -0700

Hello,

When I try to byte compile bongo.el[1] with recent master I get this
strange error:

    ~/tmp/bongo.el:5341:35: Error: Wrong type argument: sequencep, 0

Line 5341 is this:

        (defun bongo-player-update-elapsed-time (player elapsed-time)
      "Set PLAYER's `elapsed-time' property to ELAPSED-TIME,
    unless PLAYER's last seek happened less than N seconds ago, where N
    is the value of PLAYER's `time-update-delay-after-seek' property."
      (let ((delay (bongo-player-get player 'time-update-delay-after-seek)))
        (when (or (null delay) (zerop delay)
                  (let ((time (bongo-player-get player 'last-seek-time)))
                    (or (null time)
                        (time-less-p (seconds-to-time delay)
  >>>> this one >>>>                 (subtract-time (current-time) time)))))
          (bongo-player-put player 'elapsed-time elapsed-time))))

which doesn't look suspicious.

Git bisection says 1d4e903417 is the first bad commit.  I did a
bootstrap build for each step of the bisection, with this script:

    git clean -xdff
    make -j4 || exit 125
    src/emacs --batch -f batch-byte-compile ~/tmp/bongo.el || exit 1

Presumably the error is coming from a type error somewhere in the
bytecompilation machinery, rather than this line in bongo.el?

[1]  https://github.com/dbrock/bongo/blob/master/bongo.el

-- 
Sean Whitton