Subject: Re: "guix shell -f guix2.scm" fails always

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:49:03 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 29.06.2022 um 11:40 +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op wo 29-06-2022 om 11:22 [+0200]:
> > > And the exact same thing happens if a package is used instead of
> > > a list of packages.
> > One thing to check here is whether a cache might be interfering.  I
> > think it is an already known bug, that the file itself is not key
> > in the cache, which you can work around by specifying --rebuild-
> > cache.
> 
> Whatever non-existent file name I use, I don't get an error message
> but the warning ‘guix shell: warning: no packages specified; creating
> an empty environment’, so this doesn't look like a cache issue to me.
That is exactly the cache issue, though.  Once ‘guix shell -f’
“succeeds” (even with an empty environment), subsequent invocations
lacking ‘--rebuild-cache’ ignore the file completely and serve from
cache.

Cheers