Subject: Re: [bug#56286] [PATCH v2 6/6] gnu: Add pkgconf.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 01:34:45 +0200

( via Guix-patches via schreef op di 28-06-2022 om 21:34 [+0100]:
> +     (native-search-paths (package-native-search-paths %pkg-config))

If it's anything like 'pkg-config', it should usually be in
'search-paths' for cross-compilation (for cross-pkg-config)
(native-search-paths would work too when compiling natively,
but only because currently then native-inputs and inputs are
merged together).

OTOH, I think those kind of changes are best done with some
concrete test cases in mind (maybe the package depending on pkgconf
that will be packaged later?) otherwise it's a bit speculative on what
will works and what not, but I believe it's something to keep in mind
for later.

(So TBC: I don't expect changes to the patch, but I expect changes will
be needed later, though only once we have concrete packages to actually
test them on).

Greetings,
Maxime.