Subject: bug#58540: closed (Re: bug#58540: 29.0.50; While opening the font dialog)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:58:05 +0000

Your bug report

#56259: 29.0.50; While opening the font dialog

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56259: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56259
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58540: 29.0.50; While opening the font dialog
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:57:28 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 56259 notabug
> close 56259
> quit
>
> I think the general consensus was that this message is a bug in some
> Apple framework and not in Emacs, so I'm closing the bug report.

The bug was left open, so I'm closing it now.

Subject: 29.0.50; While opening the font dialog
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 08:44:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After emacs -Q

Open font dialog

I got the following message on thee console

2022-10-15 08:41:32.097 Emacs[1840:44988] It's not legal to call
-layoutSubtreeIfNeeded on a view which is already being laid out.  If you
are implementing the view's -layout method, you can call -[super layout]
instead. Break on void _NSDetectedLayoutRecursion(void) to debug.  This
will be logged only once.  This may break in the future.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)) of 2022-10-14 built on
 paag-MacBookAir
Repository revision: b175a9fb7eea49cdf8171821498f2c5efaaecd98
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.6

Configured using:
 'configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CC=clang
 OBJC=clang 'CFLAGS=-g -O3' LIBXML2_CFLAGS=-I12.3/usr/include/libxml2
 LIBXML2_LIBS=-lxml2'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37761 8788)
 (symbols 48 5010 0)
 (strings 32 13067 1813)
 (string-bytes 1 371585)
 (vectors 16 10339)
 (vector-slots 8 161411 14552)
 (floats 8 25 20)
 (intervals 56 275 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet