Subject: [bug#56257] [PATCH] fenics: Do not use mpirun for tests

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 12:18:36 +0200

Hi,

<[email-masked]> skribis:

> the fenics package tests fail and it looks like the tests are run 3
> times concurrently. Every test name is printed three times in the build
> log, for example here:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1039880/log/raw
>
> This is the maximum number of parallel jobs of the test run and if I
> increase it, I get more print outputs.
>
> AFAIK, pytest doesn't support mpi, so I don't see why the tests are
> executed this way.

Good question.  Paul, do you remember the reasons for doing so?

> Anyhow, in the attached patch, the tests are executed directly using
> pytest. This prevents the tests from getting stuck and subsequently I
> discovered a failure in XDMF tests. With this test also disabled, the
> package builds fine for me.

Let’s see what Paul thinks, and otherwise I’ll apply the patch shortly
so fenics can be installed again.

Thanks,
Ludo’.