Subject: Re: bug#56257: [PATCH] fenics: Do not use mpirun for tests

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 12:04:50 +0200

Hi,

(Sorry for the delay.)

"Paul A. Patience" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>> Good question.  Paul, do you remember the reasons for doing so?
>
> If I'm the Paul you're referring to, it would be better to CC me in the
> future, as I'm not subscribed to the list and only intermittently check
> it (which happens more often when I'm submitting patches).

I actually Cc’d Paul Garlick, but maybe Debbugs ate the Cc: field?

> I'm no expert in MPI and pytest, but it does seem that pytest_mpi [1] is
> recommended when combining the two, and there are no instances of
> @pytest.mark.mpi in the fenics repository.
> Further, running pytest tests under MPI is accomplished with [2]:
>
>   mpirun -n 2 python -m pytest --with-mpi
>
> In other words, it seems as if the current tests are repeated in
> parallel, as Ontje discovered.
>
> The patch looks good to me.

Alright, applied.

Thanks!

Ludo’.