Subject: bug#56251: Make obsoletion info more prominent in *Help* buffer

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 21:24:13 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> However, I find that the obsoletion warning is easy to miss.

+1 As a user, I missed it multiple times.  I would expect deprecation
warnings to show first.  Otherwise, the user might spend their time
learning about something just to discover, at the very end, that they
should learn about and use something else.  That does not make much
sense.

P.S. The *Help* buffer could use more typography and color affordances.
In this case, I would expect strike-through on the symbol name, or the
word "deprecated" displayed in red, or something else.

R+
-- 
"Be especially critical of any statement following the word
'obviously.'"
-- Anna Pell Wheeler, 1883-1966

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia