Subject: Re: bug#56249: 29.0.50; Compilation buffer parsing "ERROR:" incorrectly

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:09:13 +0200

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> writes:

> The compilation buffer parses the following error message produced by
> Java/Kotlin/Gradle/Android erroneously, for it considers the "ERROR:"
> prefix a part of the path:
>
> ERROR:/Users/salutis/src/Experiment/app/build/intermediates/incremental/debug/mergeDebugResources/stripped.dir/layout/item.xml:27: AAPT: error: '22dpw' is incompatible with attribute layout_height (attr) dimension|enum [fill_parent=4294967295, match_parent=4294967295, wrap_content=4294967294].
>
> Expected: Link to /Users/salutis/.../item.xml
> Actual: Broken link to ERROR:/Users/salutis/.../item.xml

Is this with "emacs -Q"?  I tried to reproduce the issue by putting that
string into a buffer and then saying `M-x compilation-mode RET', but
was unable to -- it recognised the file name as a file name, excluding
ERROR:.

This is with the current trunk.  Your message says:

> Repository revision: 2e1d11c5e323719691a8b26f3b6d1b108a5b12cb

Which is a revision that doesn't exist in the Emacs repo, so are you on
an updated Emacs version?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no