Subject: bug#56249: 29.0.50; Compilation buffer parsing "ERROR:" incorrectly

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 09:04:11 +0200

The compilation buffer parses the following error message produced by
Java/Kotlin/Gradle/Android erroneously, for it considers the "ERROR:"
prefix a part of the path:

ERROR:/Users/salutis/src/Experiment/app/build/intermediates/incremental/debug/mergeDebugResources/stripped.dir/layout/item.xml:27: AAPT: error: '22dpw' is incompatible with attribute layout_height (attr) dimension|enum [fill_parent=4294967295, match_parent=4294967295, wrap_content=4294967294].

Expected: Link to /Users/salutis/.../item.xml
Actual: Broken link to ERROR:/Users/salutis/.../item.xml

Rudy

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 15, aarch64-apple-darwin21.5.0, NS appkit-2113.50 Version 12.4 (Build 21F79))
 of 2022-06-27 built on Rudolfs-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: 2e1d11c5e323719691a8b26f3b6d1b108a5b12cb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.4

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --without-webp --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  telega-root-auto-fill-mode: t
  telega-active-locations-mode: t
  telega-patrons-mode: t
  telega-mode-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr rect make-mode magit-extras swift-mode eglot
kotlin-mode dired-x rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap mhtml-mode css-mode js sgml-mode htmlize
org-archive org-duration char-fold misearch multi-isearch notmuch
notmuch-tree notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print
notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query icalendar notmuch-tag notmuch-lib
notmuch-version notmuch-compat sh-script smie executable citar-org
tex-mode epa-file password-store cal-iso vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs pdf-sync pdf-annot pdf-outline pdf-history vterm
vterm-module hl-line telega tramp-cmds paredit savehist orderless
vertico-multiform vertico-mouse marginalia hl-todo org-indent image-file
image-converter pdf-occur pdf-loader yasnippet aio-autoloads
mpv-autoloads supercite regi rmailsum rmail mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs bbdb-mua diary-lib diary-loaddefs bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site
bbdb-autoloads modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
modus-themes-autoloads orderless-autoloads vertico-flat consult-vertico
vertico vertico-autoloads marginalia-autoloads consult-icomplete
icomplete consult compat-28 recentf tree-widget consult-autoloads
grammarly flymake-grammarly-autoloads request grammarly-autoloads
request-autoloads elfeed-show elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed
elfeed-curl xml-query elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib elfeed-autoloads
bnf-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads array jsonrpc eglot-autoloads
swift-mode-imenu swift-mode-repl swift-mode-font-lock swift-mode-fill
swift-mode-standard-types swift-mode-beginning-of-defun
swift-mode-indent swift-mode-lexer swift-mode-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads emms-librefm-stream
emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-player-xine emms-lyrics emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-info-native emms-info-exiftool
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-mode-line
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playing-time emms-player-mpd emms-url
emms-player-simple emms-browser emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played
emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-cache emms-info emms-later-do emms
emms-compat emms-autoloads org-pomodoro alert org-timer
org-pomodoro-autoloads log4e gntp alert-autoloads gntp-autoloads
log4e-autoloads ebnf-mode-autoloads reftex-cite reftex-parse reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars citar citar-file citar-autoloads citeproc
citeproc-itemgetters citeproc-cite citeproc-generic-elements
citeproc-choose string-inflection ert debug backtrace citeproc-biblatex
parsebib citeproc-subbibs citeproc-sort citeproc-name citeproc-macro
citeproc-formatters citeproc-proc citeproc-disamb citeproc-itemdata
citeproc-number rst queue citeproc-date citeproc-context citeproc-style
citeproc-locale f f-shortdoc shortdoc citeproc-prange citeproc-term
citeproc-rt citeproc-lib citeproc-bibtex citeproc-s citeproc-autoloads s
f-autoloads queue-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads corfu corfu-autoloads flyspell-correct flyspell
ispell flyspell-correct-autoloads info-look geiser-guile-autoloads
geiser geiser-mode geiser-xref geiser-repl geiser-compile geiser-capf
geiser-debug geiser-image geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-edit etags
fileloop xref geiser-completion geiser-autodoc geiser-eval
geiser-connection geiser-syntax scheme geiser-log geiser-popup view
geiser-impl help-fns geiser-custom geiser-base geiser-autoloads rfc1345
quail cape cape-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads kotlin-mode-lexer
kotlin-mode-autoloads ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process magit-mode magit-git magit-base which-func ido crm
magit-autoloads transient log-edit add-log git-commit-autoloads edmacro
kmacro checkdoc transient-autoloads diff-hl-show-hunk
diff-hl-inline-popup diff-hl-dired diff diff-hl vc-hg log-view pcvs-util
vc-dir vc diff-hl-autoloads url-scgi mentor-rpc mentor-files xml-rpc
sort mentor-data mentor-autoloads timezone xml-rpc-autoloads smtpmail
async async-autoloads htmlize-autoloads org-roam-dailies websocket
simple-httpd org-roam-ui-autoloads org-protocol org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode inline org-roam-capture org-roam-id
org-roam-node org-roam-db org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam
org-capture org-attach org-id emacsql-sqlite magit-section
org-roam-autoloads emacsql emacsql-sqlite-autoloads emacsql-compiler
emacsql-autoloads benchmark dash compat-27 compat-26
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
websocket-autoloads paredit-autoloads auth-source-pass with-editor
password-store-autoloads s-autoloads server compat with-editor-autoloads
compat-macs info compat-autoloads pdf-links ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs pdf-tools pdf-isearch let-alist tablist facemenu
pdf-misc imenu pdf-view pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs
pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet tablist-autoloads
telega-obsolete telega-tdlib-events telega-webpage emacsbug
visual-fill-column telega-root telega-info telega-chat telega-modes
telega-filter telega-sort telega-company telega-user
telega-notifications notifications telega-voip telega-ins pcase
telega-folders telega-inline telega-msg telega-tme telega-sticker
telega-i18n telega-vvnote telega-util rainbow-identifiers dired-aux ewoc
bindat telega-ffplay telega-media telega-tdlib telega-server telega-core
telega-customize cursor-sensor telega-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads rainbow-identifiers-autoloads bookmark
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-start
cus-load files-x tramp-compat face-remap color term disp-table ehelp
term/xterm xterm vterm-autoloads tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode
yasnippet-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt radix-tree mm-archive
network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth finder-inf package
url-handlers ox-texinfo ox-md oc-csl ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-habit org-agenda org-refile ox-html
table ox-ascii ox-publish ox ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-java ob-shell shell
ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-R ob-dot ob-scheme ob-latex ob-makefile
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers delsel goto-addr
cap-words superword subword byte-opt saveplace ls-lisp org-clock
bug-reference autorevert comp comp-cstr bytecomp byte-compile cconv
flymake-proc flymake project compile warnings fortune vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher cl-extra help-mode ffap org-element avl-tree generator
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gv org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic json map bibtex iso8601
time-date subr-x ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2903053 336538)
 (symbols 48 98728 141)
 (strings 32 646274 25465)
 (string-bytes 1 22389467)
 (vectors 16 206575)
 (vector-slots 8 4317258 218146)
 (floats 8 14480 971)
 (intervals 56 123179 12327)
 (buffers 992 141))

-- 
"The introduction of suitable abstractions is our only mental aid to
organize and master complexity."
-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra, 1930-2002

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia