Subject: bug#56241: [PATCH] icalendar doesn't correctly process arbitrary diary sexp entries

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:07:12 +0100

Am 23.11.2022 um 21:24 (+0100) schrieb Ulf Jasper:
> I added a test to icalendar-tests.el that verifies that patch
> 0001-Fix-detecting-dotted-pairs.patch works as expected.
>
> I also prepared two additional tests for the other examples where
> icalendar-export fails.  For the time being they are commented out as
> there is no fix available yet.  Patch
> 0002-Draft-fix-nested-diary-sexps.patch seems to fix one of the examples
> but apparently breaks test 'icalendar-real-world'.  So a look at
> 'icalendar--convert-sexp-to-ical' seems to be necessary.

There was a testcase in 'icalendar-real-world' that relied on
icalendar-export to fail on a particular sexp.  With patch 0002... that
testcase behaves differently (i.e. export works correctly now).  In
other words: breaking that test was correct.

Applied patch 0002... and updated icalendar-tests.

Best,
Ulf