Subject: bug#56237: closed (Re: bug#56237: 29.0.50; delete-forward-char fails to delete character)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56237: 29.0.50; delete-forward-char fails to delete character 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56237: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56237
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56237: 29.0.50; delete-forward-char fails to delete character
From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 12:33:51 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[திங்கள் ஜூன் 27, 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Thanks, it is much better now!  It doesn't fail on the cases that I had
>> problems with so far.
>
> Thanks for testing, and feel free to close whenever you feel satisfied ;-)

Closing issue since I haven't noticed anything funny.  Thanks again for
the quick fixes!

Subject: 29.0.50; delete-forward-char fails to delete character
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 21:37:07 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

delete-forward-char fails to delete if the point is between two composed
characters.  To demonstrate,

        1. emacs -Q
        2. Yank "ரு போ" to the *scratch* buffer
        3. Place the cursor on the space character and say <Delete>

Observe how delete-forward-char does nothing.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 22, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2022-06-25 built on astatine
Repository revision: 376ecd5346496a4f11a3bc93814b03d7a884b841
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --with-sound=alsa --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-json --without-xaw3d --without-gconf --without-libsystemd
 --with-x --without-cairo'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XFT
XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cus-start cus-load ind-util quail help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 110282 8844)
 (symbols 48 6549 0)
 (strings 32 40942 1993)
 (string-bytes 1 619696)
 (vectors 16 23168)
 (vector-slots 8 327896 13098)
 (floats 8 24 24)
 (intervals 56 2398 6)
 (buffers 992 11))