Subject: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Incorrect reference to signal-process-functions default value

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 12:34:08 +0200

Severity: minor
Tags: patch

In Emacs 29 NEWS there is this text:

'signal-process' now consults the list 'signal-process-functions'.
[...] The hitherto existing implementation has been
moved to 'signal-default-interrupt-process'.

However, the only other reference to signal-default-interrupt-process I
can find is in the ELisp manual.  I think the correct reference is
internal-default-signal-process.  If so, it needs to be updated in the
ELisp manual and in NEWS.

I've attached a patch with the fix.  Thanks.

>From 8e186e7d21d1048e2fb5817d9772e19a8f0b9701 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Daniel=20Mart=C3=ADn?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 12:27:55 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix typo in signal-process-functions

* doc/lispref/processes.texi (Signals to Processes): Update reference
to correct default variable in the ELisp manual.
* etc/NEWS: The same for the NEWS entry.
---
 doc/lispref/processes.texi | 2 +-
 etc/NEWS                   | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispref/processes.texi b/doc/lispref/processes.texi
index 9e0bd98a54..14856b9e05 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/processes.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/processes.texi
@@ -1512,7 +1512,7 @@ Signals to Processes
 for @code{signal-process}.  These functions are called in the order of
 the list, until one of them returns non-@code{nil}.  The default
 function, which shall always be the last in this list, is
-@code{signal-default-interrupt-process}.
+@code{internal-default-signal-process}.
 
 This is the mechanism, how Tramp implements @code{signal-process}.
 @end defvar
diff --git a/etc/NEWS b/etc/NEWS
index 6c04ae164c..cefe056060 100644
--- a/etc/NEWS
+++ b/etc/NEWS
@@ -2840,7 +2840,7 @@ invocation.  Such shells are POSIX conformant by default.
 This is to determine which function has to be called in order to
 deliver the signal.  This allows Tramp to send the signal to remote
 asynchronous processes.  The hitherto existing implementation has been
-moved to 'signal-default-interrupt-process'.
+moved to 'internal-default-signal-process'.
 
 +++
 ** 'list-system-processes' now returns remote process IDs.
-- 
2.34.1