Subject: bug#56250: closed (Re: bug#56209: Shepherd 0.9 not cleanly unmounting root)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 10:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#56209: File systems not cleanly unmounted?

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56209: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56209
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56209: Shepherd 0.9 not cleanly unmounting root
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: angry rectangle <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 12:29:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

angry rectangle <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I tried your patch on one of my computers and it works.

Thanks for testing.

Pushed as 0483c71cc5aeb3b69f6deb154fe12c0b2e6dc17f.  The reason is took
me more time is that I wanted to have a system test for that to make
sure it doesn’t come back to haunt us in the future.  Now we should be
fine.  :-)

Ludo’.

Subject: File systems not cleanly unmounted?
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:02:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

I don’t reboot my laptop very often but over the last couple of months
maybe, I’ve had the impression that I see the “not cleanly unmounted”
message from fsck.ext4 during boot almost every time.

Someone on IRC just reported seeing the same kind of message for
/boot/efi (VFAT) and I’ve seen it on a recently-installed machine,
though I didn’t investigate.

It’s benign but it suggests that file systems are not being properly
unmounted upon shutdown.

Anyone else seeing that?  Ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Ludo’.