Subject: Re: bug#56198: Request to delete window with mouse event

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:35:21 +0200 (CEST)

-- 
 Sent with Tutanota, enjoy secure & ad-free emails. 

Jun 24, 2022, 17:10 by [email-masked]:

> [வெள்ளி ஜூன் 24, 2022] carlmarcos--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" wrote:
>
>> I frequently split my windows,  I usually kill the buffer using the
>> menu bar.  But this leaves me with the window open with some other
>> buffer.  Would like to request some facility to delete a window
>> (delete-window) using the mouse, as I frequently do for
>> `kill-buffer'.  Perhaps the capability could be inserted in the window
>> mode-line.  Where  one can usually turn off a minor-mode with the
>> mouse.
>>
>
> I think mouse-3 (i.e., Right Click) on the mode-line does what you want?
> However, this does not kill the buffer that shown in the window though
> but should be easy enough to change (search for "mouse-delete-window" in
> mouse.el).
>
Was not aware of mouse-3 on mode-line.  Just need to rewove the window, 
without necessarily killing the buffer.

Actually, I have noticed a problem with using mouse-3 on mode-line.  Suppose
you push mouse-3 on mode-line, the window is removed without giving me the 
possibility to net remove it should I change my mind.  

It is different behaviour than for instance the mode-line options for minor-mode,
where you can decide not to take any action.