Subject: Re: bug#56197: lisp-fill-paragraph behavior changed in Emacs 28

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 19:14:20 +0900

Hi again,

[...]

> If that's not easily fixable, perhaps I'll submit a patch to the paredit
> project so that they stop relying on lisp-paragraph-fill [0] and instead
> use the default (which is fill-paragraph).  That's how I came to notice
> this behavior change in GNU Guix, which is written in Scheme; using
> scheme-mode doesn't exhibit the issue since it's just using
> fill-paragraph.

Actually, it seems scheme-mode at least in Emacs 29.4 does make use of
lisp-fill-paragraph, so should exhibit the same behavior/problem:
c.f. circa line 178 of scheme.el:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  (setq-local fill-paragraph-function 'lisp-fill-paragraph)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim