Subject: [bug#56193] [PATCH] Add Climate Data Operators package

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:09:00 +0200

Roman!

Roman Scherer 写道：
> [roman@thinkpad guix]$ ./pre-inst-env guix lint cdo

[…]

> error: html->sxml: unbound variable

This is probably solved by running the command above in a guix 
shell:

  $ guix shell guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix lint cdo

‘pre-inst-env’ sets up some environment (variables) like 
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to ensure that Guix can run from your local git 
checkout, but nothing more.

Most importantly, it does not create a full Guix profile with the 
numerous dependencies of the ‘guix’ package — including the 
‘guile-lib’ package that provides HTML->SXML.

That's what the ‘guix shell’ is for.  It's a clean alternative to 
‘guix install’ing all these guile-* packages into your user 
profile.  Both work.

Kind regards,

T G-R