Subject: Re: bug#56184: 29.0.50; Increasing max-redisplay-ticks after it is set very low does nothing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:05:37 +0300

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:01:35 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Please try again.  (Your build seems to be without --enable-checking,
> > because with that I get assertion violation.)
> 
> Unfortunately, redraw-display still does nothing.

What do you expect it to do?

If you type "C-x" and wait, does the "C-x" echo appear in the
minibuffer?  Is Emacs responsive in general, i.e. can you issue
commands, and do those commands produce the expected results?

IOW, "does nothing" tells me nothing, and I don't really understand
what is the problem you are describing, let alone why you think it's a
problem.