Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add cambalache.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:59:07 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 29.06.2022 um 09:21 +0200 schrieb Daniel Meißner:
> Hi Liliana,
> 
> Thanks for packaging Cambalache :-) I have applied your patch to my
> local Guix checkout and it builds fine.  However, running
> 
>     ./pre-inst-env guix shell cambalache -- cambalace
> 
> Cambalache starts up but I am unable to add any widgets.  There are
> some error messages written to stderr that complain about a missing
> typelib: CambalachePrivate.  I see that you wrap the programme but
> you did not include the path to the CambalachePrivate typelib.  So
> maybe this is causing the problem?
Thanks, I'll update the patch accordingly soon™.

> Additionally, the icons in the headerbar are missing.  This seems to
> be related to:
> 
> Missing dependency for Xournal++
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51968
For this class of bugs, I'd always try to include glib in the guix
shell and check if the issue persists.  We don't build icon caches per
package, so the only way to fix that is to get XDG_DATA_DIRS into your
profile.

Cheers