Subject: bug#56154: closed (Re: bug#56154: 29.0.50; TAB in message-mode "To" header produces error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56154: 29.0.50; TAB in message-mode "To" header produces error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56154: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56154
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56154: 29.0.50; TAB in message-mode "To" header produces error
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 13:21:55 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 29.0.50; TAB in message-mode "To" header produces error
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 13:08:22 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Prerequisite: Remove (move) any bbdb related files from ~/.emacs.d (or
equivalent). Because that is default.

Steps:

1. emacs -Q
2. (setq debug-on-error t)
3. C-x m
4. Type a few letters and the press TAB for completion

Output:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" "bbdb")
  require(bbdb)
  eudc-bbdb-query-internal(((net . "pri")) (firstname lastname net))
  eudc-query(((email . "pri")) (firstname lastname net))
  #f(compiled-function (query-words try-all-servers response-strings query-formats) #<bytecode -0x56a375c8d4c3f5b>)(("pri") t (nil) ((email) (firstname)))
  eudc-query-with-words(("pri") t)
  #f(compiled-function (_) #<bytecode -0x16db6ee01eec362>)(#("pri" 0 3 (fontified t face message-header-to)))
  #f(compiled-function (arg) #<bytecode 0x109cb701b9dc3396>)(#("pri" 0 3 (fontified t face message-header-to)))
  #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>)(#("pri" 0 3 (fontified t face message-header-to)) nil nil)
  try-completion(#("pri" 0 3 (fontified t face message-header-to)) #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil)
  completion-basic-try-completion(#("pri" 0 3 (face message-header-to fontified t)) #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil 3)
  #f(compiled-function (style) #<bytecode 0x178360428d5d0441>)(basic)
  completion--some(#f(compiled-function (style) #<bytecode 0x178360428d5d0441>) (basic partial-completion emacs22))
  completion--nth-completion(1 #("pri" 0 3 (face message-header-to fontified t)) #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil 3 (metadata))
  completion-try-completion(#("pri" 0 3 (face message-header-to fontified t)) #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil 3 (metadata))
  completion--do-completion(#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8)
  completion--in-region-1(#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8)
  #f(compiled-function (start end collection predicate) #<bytecode 0xfd2f370dae94152>)(#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8 #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (start end collection predicate) #<bytecode 0xfd2f370dae94152>) (#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8 #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil))
  #f(compiled-function (funs global args) #<bytecode -0xf733ae2f6b1f22>)(nil nil (#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8 #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil))
  completion--in-region(#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8 #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil)
  completion-in-region(#<marker at 5 in *unsent mail*> 8 #f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode -0x9255dbb3ab24a4c>) nil)
  completion-at-point()
  message-tab()
  funcall-interactively(message-tab)
  call-interactively(message-tab nil nil)
  command-execute(message-tab)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

"bbdb" is not shipped with Emacs, so this error should not have come.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-06-23 built on anant
Repository revision: ee6e4bc525125c77d284039c0ab2e2ce4d70c7e3
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums eww xdg url-queue shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file url-dired svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr gnus-dired dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs conf-mode bat-mode sh-script smie executable
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company cl-extra tramp-cache prettier
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-start
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell parse-time ls-lisp nvm f f-shortdoc
shortdoc dash s iter2 json-mode json-snatcher js imenu sql view vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher mule-util checkdoc lisp-mnt help-mode
flymake-proc flymake project display-line-numbers elec-pair
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch init
my-init org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol org-keys oc org-compat advice
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs server modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase warnings
delight editorconfig rust-utils thingatpt rust-mode rust-rustfmt
rust-playpen rust-compile compile text-property-search comint ansi-color
ring rust-cargo marginalia corfu vertico exec-path-from-shell hl-line
savehist desktop frameset avoid cus-load finder-inf tex-site
cider-autoloads compat-autoloads corfu-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads eglot-autoloads rx marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads php-mode-autoloads prettier-autoloads
f-autoloads dash-autoloads use-package-ensure-system-package-autoloads
system-packages-autoloads info vertico-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 534118 25129)
 (symbols 48 35696 1)
 (strings 32 152938 4449)
 (string-bytes 1 4550226)
 (vectors 16 53101)
 (vector-slots 8 639958 33238)
 (floats 8 281 83)
 (intervals 56 4150 782)
 (buffers 992 33))