Subject: Re: bug#56145: [PATCH 0/5] Add menus to Services sub-sections

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 16:30:14 +0200

Am 03.07.22 um 12:38 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:

> I’m less convinced about this one.  I wonder if, instead of adding
> anchors, we should add proper sectioning at the same level as the
> existing sections (“Base Services”, etc.).
I don't actually understand what you mean. Currently each section 
described one or more services. The section groups the services into 
„all LDAP related‘, „all X11 related“, etc. This patch basically adds 
the anchors, whereas the other patch uses the anchors that already 
exist. So basically they result in the same.

Do you suggest to split „Base Services” into several sections? (Like 
„Console service“, “Randow data services‘, etc.)

> Also, I don’t think we need one section (or anchor) per service:

Having a TOC of all services is my actual intention. I want to have a 
list which

> Typographic note: titles should be capitalized, and “host name” is two
> words.  :-)
>
> IWBN to have synopses after double colons like you did in the first
> patch.
I'll fix this (and the remarks on the other patch) in the next reroll, 
after we agreed on how this should look like in the end.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |