Subject: [bug#56145] [PATCH 0/5] Add menus to Services sub-sections

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 12:38:32 +0200

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/guix.texi (Services)[Base Services, Networking Setup, Networking
>   Services, X Window, Printing Services, Desktop Services, Sound Services,
>   LDAP, Certificate Services]: Structure section by adding headings for each
>   service (in a broader snse fo service), ensure @anchors exist for each
>   heading and create a @menu at the top of the section.

I’m less convinced about this one.  I wonder if, instead of adding
anchors, we should add proper sectioning at the same level as the
existing sections (“Base Services”, etc.).

Also, I don’t think we need one section (or anchor) per service:
mingetty, agetty, and kmscon typically belong in the same section;
likewise for urandom and rngd; udev, syslog, and nscd are arguably good
fits under “Base Services”.

WDYT?

> +* Services related to files::
> +* Hostname::

Typographic note: titles should be capitalized, and “host name” is two
words.  :-)

IWBN to have synopses after double colons like you did in the first
patch.

Ludo’.