Subject: bug#56144: perl-mail-spf package installs, but does not run.

From: Eduard Budulea <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 15:12:06 +0300

Hello all,

I am trying to have a guix system that has exim with spf validation 
(sadly the exim that is packaged with guix has spf disable) and I am 
trying to run the external tool spfquery.

spfquery binary is in the perl-mail-spf package.

The package builds and deploys.

But when when I try to run it, I get:

Can't locate Error.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Error module) 
(@INC contains: 
/gnu/store/hy6abswwv4d89zp464fw52z65fkzr7h5-perl-5.34.0/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.34.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi 
/gnu/store/hy6abswwv4d89zp464fw52z65fkzr7h5-perl-5.34.0/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.34.0 
/gnu/store/hy6abswwv4d89zp464fw52z65fkzr7h5-perl-5.34.0/lib/perl5/5.34.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi 
/gnu/store/hy6abswwv4d89zp464fw52z65fkzr7h5-perl-5.34.0/lib/perl5/5.34.0) 
at /run/current-system/profile/bin/spfquery line 335.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at 
/run/current-system/profile/bin/spfquery line 335.

If I add all its dependencies to packages and populate the PERL5LIB 
environment variable with the paths to the needed libraries from 
/gnu/store then it works.

So it is basically a packaging problem.

I have tried to move the dependencies from input to input-propagated, 
but got the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks.