Subject: Re: [bug#56140] [Patches] Add and update music packages

From: Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 20:05:05 +0200

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 19:29:17 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I’m not sure about what to do with the last patch of the series, the one
> adding distrho-ports.  This package bundles a bunch of other libraries
> and the license situation is not clear.  I just spot checked one or two
> plugins and their licenses do not appear in the license field so I’d
> prefer to have some more eyes on this and see if things can be unbundled
> some more.

When I had a go at packaging distrho-ports, I took notes about the
licensing situation and asked about it on the list. Issues include
total lack of licensing information, licensing info only upstream,
upstream unavailable due to DMCA takedwon.

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49224

---
non-copyleft for drow (MIT). agpl3 for HiReSam.

Just no license info for arctican-function, artican-pilgrim and vex.

No license info found in the repo, but found by following the URL
given in each source/JucePluginCharacteristics.h:
- ports-legacy/HiReSam ->
https://github.com/klangfreund/SpectrumAnalyser: GPL2+ or Affero
GPL3
- ports-legacy/drowaudio-common ->
https://github.com/drowaudio/drowaudio: MIT. Plus LGPL2.1 for
included Soundtouch, which I found no mention of in DISTRHO-Ports
sources. Also mentions separate license for FFTReal, which I also
see no mention of in DISTRHO-Ports sources.
- ports-legacy/easySSP ->
https://github.com/automatl/audio-dsp-multi-visualize/: GPL3.
- ports-legacy/juce-opl -> https://bsutherland.github.io/JuceOPLVSTi/
-> https://github.com/bsutherland/JuceOPLVSTi: GPL2.
- ports/legacyluftikus ->
https://code.google.com/archive/p/lkjb-plugins/: GPL2.
- ports-legacy/pitchedDelay ->
https://code.google.com/archive/p/lkjb-dc12/: GPL2.
- ports-legacy/refine -> https://github.com/lkjbdsp/lkjb-plugins#ReFine:
MIT. Strangely, this repo also includes PitchedDelay and Luftikus,
presented elsewhere as GPL2.
- ports-legacy/stereosourceseparation ->
https://github.com/laixinyuan/StereoSourceSepartion: Repository
unavailable due to DMCA takedown. According to falkTX, this is due
Steinberg having something against distribution of the VST2 SDK,
which is not included in the DISTRHO-Ports version.
- ports-legacy/temper -> https://github.com/creativeintent/temper:
GPL3.
- ports-legacy/wolpertinger -> https://tumbetoene.tuxfamily.org/
-> https://tumbetoene.tuxfamily.org/index.php?entry=entry110926-112345
-> download readme: GPL2+.
---

-- 
Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>