Subject: [bug#56139] [PATCH 0/4] Make window managers use libinput-minimal instead of libinput

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:10:49 +0200

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> FWIW, it has a man page:
> <https://man.archlinux.org/man/extra/libinput/libinput-debug-gui.1.en>?

Since it’s under libexec/, I’d assume that it’s not meant to be invoked
directly, but the man page suggests otherwise?…

> I did some quick searches for 'libinput-debug-gui' on the Web but
> didn't find any uses in the wild, so maybe we don't really lose
> anything by disabling it?

Looks like it.

> Also, having multiple library variants is a bit messy (there was some
> bug involving multiple versions of cairo used by a single app?), so I'd
> prefer to eliminate the libinput / libinput-minimal distinction (maybe
> with a separate libinput-debug-gui package if desired?).

Yeah, maybe we can do that (with a comment), and apparently that’s even
an OK change for master.

If you provide a patch, I’ll happily apply it.  :-)

Ludo’.