Subject: Re: bug#56137: OpenSSL 3.0.3/1.1.1n includes a time-dependent test

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:39:12 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As reported by phodina in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53581>, OpenSSL
> 1.1.1n and 3.0.3 include a time-dependent test that now fails due to an
> expired certificate:
>
>   https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/18441

Fixed on ‘core-updates’ with 6cd438c4c2beb016a821143cdfdd12892aa9fd5f.

That commit skips the test.  I tried another approach with ‘datefudge’,
which has the advantage of being more explicit and future-proof (should
there be similar issues lying around):

               (invoke "datefudge" "2022-01-01"
                       "make" test-target
                       #$@(if (or (target-arm?) (target-riscv64?))
                              #~("TESTS=-test_afalg")
                              #~()))

For some reason it didn’t work.

Note that we cannot use libfaketime because:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix graph -t derivation --path libfaketime openssl@1
/gnu/store/a4jcd4h7nvn97a2mw4n1yydgbh0i2wmz-libfaketime-0.9.9.drv
/gnu/store/hf5arq562aiisycnjcnhgfwzrl8lwrbc-libfaketime-0.9.9-checkout.drv
/gnu/store/xpnrk8hjfh7rvgqfsjwkjrb9cz1ws626-git-minimal-2.36.1.drv
/gnu/store/gavjhl823bhd95rijqf3iw3vl32ix494-openssl-1.1.1l.drv
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.