Subject: bug#56125: 28.1; Timezone conversion sometimes wrong for recurring events, when importing ical to diary

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 20:57:13 +0200

Martin Apel <[email-masked]> writes:

> When importing the attached minimal ical file using
> icalendar-import-file, the resulting time is off by one hour. The
> problem probably lies somewhere in
> icalendar--convert-recurring-to-diary, but I couldn't pinpoint the
> exact location.  The only meeting in the attached icalendar file is
> defined in timezone 'America/New_York' at 10 am. It shows up in my
> diary (which is timezone 'Europe/Berlin') at 3pm, even though the time
> difference between the two timezones is 6 hours.

No, the difference varies -- Daylight Savings started on March 13 in the
US but on March 27 in the EU, and in that period there was a five hour
difference.

And:

DTSTART;TZID="America/New_York":20220317T100000
DTEND;TZID="America/New_York":20220317T103000

This was in the middle of that period.  So this seems like it's working
as it should?

But if I'm reading the ical file right, this is a recurring (weekly?)
event, so it should be at 4pm after March 27...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no