Subject: bug#5612: 23.1.92; Help does not show doc for command bound to mouse event

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:35:57 -0800

emacs -Q

Load these files, in order:

frame-fns.el
frame-cmds.el
zoom-frm.el

The files are available here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?action=index;match=%5C.(el%7Ctar)(%5C.gz)%
3F%24

Evaluate this:

(global-set-key [S-mouse-1] 'zoom-in)

`C-h k' click `S-mouse-1'

You'll see this:

 <mouse-1> at that spot runs the command zoom-in, which is an
 interactive Lisp function in `zoom-frm.el'.

 It is bound to <S-mouse-1>.

 (zoom-in ARG)

 Not documented.

That's false; it is documented. This is the doc string:

 "Zoom current frame or buffer in.
  With a prefix arg, toggle between zooming frame and zooming buffer.
  Frame zooming uses command `zoom-frm-in'. 
  Buffer zooming uses command `text-scale-increase'."

Even worse: If you byte-compile the files and load only the *.elc, then Help
does not even tell you where the command is defined. It says only this:

 <mouse-1> at that spot runs the command zoom-in, which is an
 interactive compiled Lisp function.

 It is bound to <S-mouse-1>.

 (zoom-in ARG)

 Not documented.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-02-20 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'