Subject: Re: bug#56116: Feature: new Tetris randomizer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 12:59:03 +0200

Timothée Denizou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Getting frustrated about having 4 time in a row the same tetromino ?
>
> Wait no further !
>
> This patch implement the seven bag randomizer, pulling a piece out of
> the bag each time and filling the bag when it is empty. This allows for
> a more uniform distribution on small samples.
>
> At our school, we have plenty of time at the end of mcqs to play tetris
> in emacs and this was something I wanted to change for a bit.

Thanks for the contribution.  But this would change gameplay
considerably -- in Tetris, you can get the same shape four times in a
row, while with your change, that's no longer possible.  I.e., it makes
the game less random, so I'm not sure that would be a welcome change.
(And you can predict which ones you'll be getting at the end of each
seven piece cycle by counting a bit.)

It might make sense to add it as an option, though.  Any Tetris players
here with an opinion?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no