Subject: Re: bug#56091: Possible hash mismatch in barrier 2.4.0

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 17:28:53 +0200

Hi!

Thanks for reporting this.

Vishakh Kumar 写道：
> I think this is a case where the hash in the package description
> might be wrong?

What usually (though, mercifully, rarely) happens is that the hash 
is correct at the time of packaging, then upstream goes and moves 
a perfectly good git tag instead of making a new one, and the hash 
becomes wrong in retrospect.

This case was different: the original packager correctly ran ‘guix 
hash -rx .’ on their clone of the barrier git repository, but did 
not first check out the submodules and was unaware that these 
affect the hash.  I don't think the original package ever built, 
or at least fail to see how it could have.

Fixed on master[0].

Closing, but could you guix pull & confirm that it works for you?

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=7f1cb1ebca169e3a4b5ed59fe226bb614b18b57f