Subject: bug#56091: closed (Re: bug#56091: Possible hash mismatch in barrier 2.4.0)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56091: Possible hash mismatch in barrier 2.4.0

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56091: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56091
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56091: Possible hash mismatch in barrier 2.4.0
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Vishakh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 17:28:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Thanks for reporting this.

Vishakh Kumar 写道：
> I think this is a case where the hash in the package description
> might be wrong?

What usually (though, mercifully, rarely) happens is that the hash 
is correct at the time of packaging, then upstream goes and moves 
a perfectly good git tag instead of making a new one, and the hash 
becomes wrong in retrospect.

This case was different: the original packager correctly ran ‘guix 
hash -rx .’ on their clone of the barrier git repository, but did 
not first check out the submodules and was unaware that these 
affect the hash.  I don't think the original package ever built, 
or at least fail to see how it could have.

Fixed on master[0].

Closing, but could you guix pull & confirm that it works for you?

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=7f1cb1ebca169e3a4b5ed59fe226bb614b18b57f

Subject: Possible hash mismatch in barrier 2.4.0
From: Vishakh Kumar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:25:44 +0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey there!

Am trying to install barrier on my computer and guix tells me 
there is a
hash mismatch. I’m able to install other applications, and I think 
this
is a case where the hash in the package description might be 
wrong?

More than happy to provide more info, please let me know how i can 
help
debug this.

Cheers,
Vishakh Kumar

> grokkingstuff@grokkingNoether ~$ guix install barrier
> The following package will be installed:
>    barrier 2.4.0
>
> The following derivations will be built:
>   /gnu/store/0lwma8nhhy18z8x5v8zjjhk740bm1mv9-barrier-2.4.0.drv
>   /gnu/store/lba0pd5a1hzzfbcswgx0ws1nrldfxxnp-barrier-2.4.0-checkout.drv
>
> 15.1 MB will be downloaded
>  qtbase-5.15.2  14.4MiB                31KiB/s 07:54 
>  [##################] 100.0%
> building 
> /gnu/store/lba0pd5a1hzzfbcswgx0ws1nrldfxxnp-barrier-2.4.0-checkout.drv…
> /r:sha256 hash mismatch for 
> /gnu/store/s7ivxx684bd34bzmgdc282kw1lsg407r-barrier-2.4.0-checkout:
>   expected hash: 
>   10xk9szxxnqgfym53mcd9hqj1cw2ipncmiixw3i3ajlj1vn88qh1
>   actual hash: 
>   19bwa9qidq2mxv1fkyxxc1xdmv3jx6bj35bkaaw70jzkblnfmlfs
> hash mismatch for store item 
> ’/gnu/store/s7ivxx684bd34bzmgdc282kw1lsg407r-barrier-2.4.0-checkout’
> build of 
> /gnu/store/lba0pd5a1hzzfbcswgx0ws1nrldfxxnp-barrier-2.4.0-checkout.drv 
> failed
> View build log at 
> ’/var/log/guix/drvs/lb/a0pd5a1hzzfbcswgx0ws1nrldfxxnp-barrier-2.4.0-checkout.drv.bz2’.
> cannot build derivation 
> `/gnu/store/0lwma8nhhy18z8x5v8zjjhk740bm1mv9-barrier-2.4.0.drv’: 
> 1 dependencies couldn’t be built
> guix install: error: build of 
> `/gnu/store/0lwma8nhhy18z8x5v8zjjhk740bm1mv9-barrier-2.4.0.drv’ 
> failed