Subject: 29.0.50; y-or-n-p-use-read-key+xterm-mouse-mode issue on xterm.

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 13:28:23 +0200

Hi:

The behavior of the prompt in xterm emacs and the echo area seems to
conflict somehow.

emacs -Q
(xterm-mouse-mode)
(setq y-or-n-p-use-read-key t)
(y-or-n-p "PROMPT")

If I move the mouse now the then the text in the echo area hides and
reappears because emacs tries to print the mouse bindings.

I need to press the some key to see the prompt again.

When there are multiple prompts (like shutting down + ask if want to
save some buffer) the problem actually gets worst.

Best,
Ergus

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 19, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
  of 2022-06-18 built on Ergus
Repository revision: 8b45e7c6811215a0b70ade840c96e920cdb1569f
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-json
  --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules --with-cairo
  --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation
  '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   xterm-mouse-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq
cl-macs cl-extra help-mode message mailcap yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search seq mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date
cl-loaddefs cl-lib xt-mouse term/tmux term/xterm xterm gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic indonesian
philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87017 8764)
  (symbols 48 7336 0)
  (strings 32 20501 1695)
  (string-bytes 1 767002)
  (vectors 16 12725)
  (vector-slots 8 220854 13055)
  (floats 8 34 791)
  (intervals 56 442 0)
  (buffers 992 13))