Subject: [bug#56075] [PATCH 0/2] Report location of invalid configuration field values

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 23:36:40 +0200

Hello Guix!

This change has ‘define-configuration’ use the ‘sanitize’ property to
type-check fields instead of a custom mechanism.  More importantly, it
improves error reporting of invalid field value such that instead of:

  guix home: error: Invalid value for field latitude: "44.81"

you get the location of the faulty field value:

  home-config.scm:391:23: error: invalid value "44.81" for field 'latitude'

Additionally the message is now internationalized.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  services: configuration: Report the location of field type errors.
  services: configuration: Remove 'validate-configuration'.

 doc/guix.texi                    |  6 ---
 gnu/services/configuration.scm   | 64 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 gnu/services/mail.scm            |  6 +--
 gnu/services/vpn.scm             |  2 -
 po/guix/POTFILES.in              |  1 +
 tests/services/configuration.scm | 12 ++++++
 6 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7f208f68dea828fe02718ca8ce81d5975136cff8
-- 
2.36.1